Last Updated August 23, 2022
Social Jazz, Inc. (“SJI”) operates the SocialJazz.com website and SocialJazz application (collectively the “Services”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the Services and the choices you have associated with that data. Any use of defined terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve the Services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
While using the Services, we will ask you to provide us with personal identifiable information for another individual or individuals (“Third Person”) in order to create user profiles (“Third-Person Data”). The Third-Person Data and user profiles will be used for various purposes:
- To recommend to you products, services and/or events that may be of interest to the third person
- To make certain inferences regarding Third Person preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, abilities and aptitudes
- To provide you with certain inferences drawn about Third Person
- To improve the Services
Demographic Information and Protected Classification Characteristics
We may collect certain information of the following for you or Third Person: sex, race, ancestry/national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation and educational level. We may also collect, but are not limited to age, date of birth, gender and zip code.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Services, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card and debit card numbers, verification numbers and expiration dates), email address, and phone number (“Order Information”). When you place an order through the Services, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Your credit and debit card numbers are managed by our payment processor partners; we do not handle or store this data.
We collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Based on the Personal Data and Third-Person Data described above, we may make certain inferences regarding your or Third Person preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
When you use the Services, we automatically collect certain information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Services that you visit, what websites or search terms referred, time zone, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate the Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Log Files track actions occurring on the Services, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Use of Data
SJI uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Services
- To notify you about changes to the Services
- To fulfill any orders placed through the Services
- To screen orders for potential risk or fraud
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Services
- To monitor the usage of the Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with information, targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you based on your Personal Data or Third-Person Data
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data and Third-Person Data may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
SJI may disclose your Personal Data and Third-Person Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SJI
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data and Third-Person Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party service providers and individuals to facilitate the Services (“Third-Party Providers”), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are used.
These Third-Party Providers have access to your Personal Data and Third-Person Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use Third-Party Providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Services.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.app/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
The Services does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”). If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We also reserve the right to transfer Personal Data and Third-Person Data in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your Personal Data and Third-Person Data with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at support@SocialJazz.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Social Jazz, Inc.
4050 West Ridge Road
Rochester, NY, 14626